Burns, Oregon: Find your future in healthcare and have serious fun at MedQuest Camp
High Desert Partnership and Northeast Oregon AHEC are thrilled to offer a new camp in Harney County this summer! Along with partners at Harney District Hospital, other local facilities, and amazing staff, campers are sure to improve their understanding of careers in healthcare care. They will enhance their knowledge of frontier medicine, all while having an amazing time and making new friends.
This 5-day, 4-night camp is designed for rural, frontier, and urban students from Oregon. Campers will have job shadows, learn how to take vitals and other clinical skills, hear from current healthcare professionals and students in healthcare education programs, and participate in a multitude of hands-on activities.
- Three job shadows in healthcare
- Mentorship from Camp Director, Counselors, and healthcare professionals
- Daily emphasis on team building
- Hands-on experiences to learn clinical skills
- Community barbeque on a local ranch
2023 Camp Details
- Location: Crane High School 43277 Crane-Venator Rd, Crane, OR 97732
- Dates: June 5 – 9, 2023
- Age Group: All current high school freshman – graduating seniors in Oregon. 10 spots will be held for students from Grant & Harney counties. There are only 20 spots available. We ask that you commit to the entire camp to participate.
- Cost: $300
- Schedule: Residential camp – activities throughout each day
What’s included in the fee?
- All food
- Activity costs & supplies
- Health professional Stethoscope to inspire you along your pathway
- CPR training
- A trip to Crystal Crane Hot Springs
Hailey Hulse, Harney County MedQuest Camp Director
Denise Rose, Harney County MedQuest Coordinator
Coming Soon! Harney County MedQuest Camp Counselors