Find Your Future in Health Care
Northeast Oregon AHEC’s MedQuest Health Career Exploration Camp will be offered virtually this year for students who would like to experience through a virtual platform. Through collaboration with AHECs around Oregon and other partners, exciting camp content that is full of helpful information and resources will be available this year.
Virtual MedQuest is open to all high school students from across Oregon. Students will be able to connect with others from around the state who share similar goals while developing friendships and a network of support.
- Watch a live surgery
- Learn how to suture
- Understand the do’s and don’ts of shadowing
- Connect with other like-minded students
- Link with camp mentors
2024 Virtual MedQuest
Virtual Medquest will look a bit differently this year! Stay tuned for more information as we reshape the program to be more up to date! It will still be hosted in Google Classroom and Zoom.
2023 Camp Details
- Location: All activities will be hosted in Google Classroom and Zoom
- Dates: June 19 – 22, 2023
- Age Group: All current high school freshman – graduating seniors in Oregon
- Cost: $100
- Schedule: The camp schedule is flexible to accommodate students with other summer commitments. Camp content will be available to watch at your own pace and all live streamed sessions will be recorded.
What’s included in the fee?
- Daily content and activities
- Your own suturing kit
- Health professional stethoscope to inspire you along your pathway
Camp content will include virtual tours and activities of the following sites:
- Oregon Health & Science University School of Nursing, La Grande
- Oregon Health & Science University on the Hill, Portland
- Winding Waters Clinic, Enterprise
- Paragon Orthopedic Center, Grants Pass
- Yellowhawk Tribal Health Center, Pendleton
- La Grande Fire Department, La Grande
- Pacific University, Hillsboro
- St. Charles Health System, Bend
Hailey Hulse, Virtual MedQuest Camp Director