MedQuest Announces 2019 Staff and Campers
Northeast Oregon Area Health Education Center (NEOAHEC) is pleased to announce its staff and camper selections for the 27th Annual MedQuest program, held in La Grande from June 16-21, 2019. This long-running health career exploration camp for high school students engages participants in a variety of unique medical experiences, including individually-tailored job shadows, panel discussions with local providers, tours of medical facilities, and much more.
The selected individuals are listed below, in addition to their respective hometowns or high schools:
Hailey Hulse – Cove:
Hailey joins MedQuest as a co-director after serving as a counselor for the last two seasons of camp. She graduated from Lewis-Clark State College this May with a degree in biology pre-medicine after transferring from Pacific University. She is currently preparing to apply for medical school, with the goal of becoming an orthopedic surgeon.
Hannah Widener – Enterprise:
Hannah brings four years of experience as a MedQuest counselor to her new role as a camp director. She will graduate from the Walla Walla Community College Nursing Program in June and is excited to begin her career as a registered nurse after taking her licensure exam this summer.
Mason Burnham – Walla Walla, WA
This Washington native attended MedQuest in 2017 and currently serves on NEOAHEC’s board of directors as a student member. He is finishing his first year at Eastern Oregon University as a pre-physical therapy student and looks forward to serving as a MedQuest counselor for the first time.
Bonny Daggett – Imbler
Bonny is a freshman at Eastern Oregon University studying pre-nursing and Spanish. While this will be her inaugural year as a MedQuest counselor, she has a wealth of experience in NEOAHEC programs, as she participated in both MedQuest and our online Future Health Professionals of Oregon (FHPO) course in 2017.
Cade Gorham – La Grande
Also a 2017 MedQuest camp alumnus, Cade is returning as a staff member for the second year. He is currently majoring in psychology with a minor in nutrition at EOU, and aspires to become a nutritional psychologist to help people overcome eating disorders. He also works as a receptionist for Mountain Valley Therapy in La Grande.
Marti Erice – Pendleton
A CNA at St. Anthony Hospital in Pendleton, Marti aims to attend nursing school in the near future. She participated in MedQuest as a camper during high school and served as a counselor for the last two years. She continues to serve as a wonderful advocate for NEOAHEC programs.
Yessenia Garcia-Sanchez – Umatilla
This standout student was selected for the very rare honor of attending MedQuest in both 2016 and 2018. New to the camp staff team, Yessenia is earning her associate’s degree at Blue Mountain Community College with the goal of attending the OHSU School of Nursing in La Grande.
Meet the Campers!
NEOAHEC is pleased to welcome 37 students to camp, representing 10 Oregon counties and one Idaho county:
- Emma Lowe – Baker Web Academy
- Shelby Duhn – Redmond Proficiency Academy
- Maya Tadjiki – Bend Senior High School
- Katrina Reynolds – Sweet Home High School
- Sara Schumann – Oregon Connections Academy (Virtual School: Lives in Salem)
- Ana Aguilar – Four Rivers Senior Prep
- Ivonne Hernandez – Four Rivers Senior Prep
- Maya Serrano – Four Rivers Senior Prep
- Paloma Bueno – Vale High School
- Cristal Reza – Vale High School
- Abby Savage – Harper Charter School
- Edith Gonzalez – Irrigon High School
- Hunter Nichols – Heppner Jr/Sr High School
- Hannah Palmer – Heppner Jr/Sr High School
- Yeidi Ramos Mendoza – Riverside Jr/Sr High School
- Alexandra Helkey – Grant High School
- Sanya Surya – Westview High School
- Brooklynn Been – Pendleton High School
- Kyra Ford – Pendleton High School
- Nicole Lee – Pendleton High School
- Ashlynn Madril – Pendleton High School
- Sidney Schreier – Pendleton High School
- Natalie Sieders – Pendleton High School
- Venus Gonzalez – Hermiston High School
- Cindy Quezada –Hermiston High School
- Jessica Baker – Cove High School
- Raechel Blackman – La Grande High School
- Isaak Carson – La Grande High School
- Rahel Kellogg – La Grande High School
- Cooper Markham – La Grande High School
- Ahnica Shoemaker – Homeschool (La Grande)
- Sierra Teeman – Elgin High School
- Lillē Harvey – Elgin High School
- Natalie Goldsmith – Enterprise High School
- Natalie Gorham – Joseph Charter School
- Ella Moeller – Wallowa High School
Out of State:
- Lindsay Hall – Sacajawea Jr High School (Lewiston, ID)
NEOAHEC selected these distinguished applicants based on their extracurricular involvement, essays, GPA, and passion for the healthcare field.