Greater Oregon (GO) Healthcare Professionals
***The application window for the pilot of this program now closed. Please stay tuned for upcoming GO-Healthcare Professionals opportunities.
Bring health careers education to your school!
NEOAHEC, GO-STEM, and Eastern Oregon University are joining forces to host an immersive three-day professional development workshop for teachers on the EOU campus from August 7th-9th.
This competitive opportunity will equip 10 regional high school educators to deliver the online Future Health Professionals of Oregon (FHPO) course at their schools. Teachers will collaborate with Eastern Oregon University faculty to become familiarized with FHPO curriculum, make a plan to deliver the course during the upcoming school year, and synergize with other health careers educators.
- Earn 2 graduate-level college credits (cost is $100 per credit) or 25 professional development units
- Receive a $250 stipend, plus mileage reimbursement (depending on location)
- Join a Health Careers Professional Learning Community
- Qualify your students to earn two college credits that satisfy PES 131—a required course for all tracks within EOU’s Physical Activity and Health program
- Learn how to implement this uniquely designed online curriculum
- Access equipment & resources that provide practical experience
Heppner and Milton-Freewater recently piloted the new delivery model for (FHPO) and their teachers & students have said:
“The online modules are easy to navigate and understand.”
“I like that this is health careers focused and not a general health class.”
“I enjoy the job shadow opportunity.”
What is Future Health Professionals of Oregon (FHPO)?
FHPO is a two-credit SCI 116 online collegiate course designed for high school students interested in health careers. This course also satisfies PES 131—a required course for all tracks within EOU’s Physical Activity and Health program. FHPO is delivered through Eastern Oregon University's Canvas platform, and facilitated by approved high school teachers at select Oregon schools. Students taking FHPO are exposed to contemporary topics in healthcare, complete 8 hours of healthcare job shadows, and research a multitude of health careers.
Currently, college credits cost approximately $400 per credit, depending on the school. This is a chance for high school students to earn credits for a mere $30 each through Eastern Promise!
In this section
- A Day in the Life
- Brain Awareness
- Future Health Professionals
- Girls in Science
- Saturday Science
One University Blvd.
La Grande, OR 97850